Sunday 16 September 2018

Initial Test Spaces



I am slowly learning to use Unreal Engine and I have had some successes and some failures. So far, the biggest problems for me have been caused by using Unreal templates. I like the movement in the first-person template, but it comes holding a gun! I like the movement in the third-person template, but it (obviously) means that you end up following a humanoid character around the gallery. I like the hands in the VR first-person teleport template, but I don't like the teleport movement. I thought it would be fairly easy to edit the characters and movement systems, but I still have a lot to learn.

Using Unreal to actually design gallery spaces is so far proving to be more successful. I have sorted out the initial lighting issues and apart from reflective/matte issues that either make the art work appear flat or too reflective, have produced some acceptable architecture. The images on the walls are from the B&FC BA Photography course's image library.

Here are some examples of my progress...













My aim at this point is to create a VR exhibition/showcase of our recent graduates works, but it will only be for 2D paintings, photographs and designs until I have usable 3D models and successful photogrammetry models (I am looking at collaborating with students to produce these) and then I can include fashion an sculpture.

If you are reading this blog and feel you can add something to my research then please comment… even if you are correcting me or don’t agree with something that I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment