Sunday 27 January 2019

A Gallery for Fine Art Student's Digital Works

This was meant to be a post about the inclusion of moving image in VR galleries, in this case GIF animations. However, it turns out that GIFs are incompatible with UE4. It looks like I have to create a grid out of the individual frames and import as a flick-book. I will see how I get on tomorrow.

In the mean time... I have created a space that includes a number of elements that worked well on previous builds - lots of daylight, differentiated ceiling heights, one room/wall per artwork, directed movement and spot lights.

But, does that mean I have created a better gallery? In this case I don't think it does. I don't get the same 'buzz' as in previous builds. The important thing for me, is that this technology allows me to test, analyse and reflect and then try something different. I seem to learn something new with every build. Fantastic!







Plan of gallery, ASCII style -
_____________________
I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I
I----------------------------I
I----------------------------I
- That's how this project would have looked if I had used a type writer! Thankfully, things have moved on :)

If you are reading this blog and feel you can add something to my research then please comment… even if you are correcting me or don’t agree with something that I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment