Friday 29 May 2020

Virtual Exhibition

Working with digital imaging professional Richard Weston, we produced a virtual graduate exhibition for Blackpool School of Arts photography students...


I created the gallery space in UE4 and Richard used Tour Weaver software to create an interactive tour. You will notice that I have used the same gallery that I have been recently developing, but I have introduced side rooms designed to work best with 360 low res rendering in UE4.

I like the way that Tour Weaver straightens and zooms through to the next viewing point. It works a lot better than Kuula. However, it does not give you the option to view in mobile VR via Google Cardboard, which is a bit of a miss as VR stuff is hot at the moment. I am not a great fan of the labels and is something I need to think about moving forwards... maybe I should add them in UE4.

The gallery does give one a sense of how a particular piece of artwork would work in an exhibition space at a given size, so it works on that level, but it's never going to as good as full VR.

If you are reading this blog and feel you can add something to my research then please comment… even if you are correcting me or don’t agree with something that I say.

1 comment:

  1. I constantly like to read a top quality content having accurate info pertaining to the subject and the exact same thing I found in this article. Nice job.
    VR App development company

    ReplyDelete